Success In 10 Steps

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

"A Little Boy With A Plan"

"A Little Boy With A Plan"


The schoolteacher asked the little boy, "What do you want to be when you grow up?" 

The little boy replied, "A retired business man." 

Funny, but unfortunately many people are programmed to want success before they put in the work. Do you know anyone like that? 

They say, "I don't want to work hard now and not get paid for it. I don't want to wait a long time to build my income. I want my money now." 

Well, there are two reasons your prospect might say this. 

#1. The prospect thinks like the little boy. The prospect wants the rewards before the effort. You can't do much to help this person. The prospect has "job thinking" and wants instant pay for effort. 

#2. The prospect might be thinking, "Well, I am not sure of you and your business. I don't have confidence in the outcome. Maybe I will work hard, but you won't show me exactly what to do, and I will end up doing the wrong things and won't earn money." Now, you can do something about this. You can instill confidence in your prospects by telling them that you know the exact skills and how to do your business. 

When you get better at your profession, prospects sense your confidence and competence. It is much easier to sponsor prospects when you have that aura of success. 





No comments:

Post a Comment